We all want to make our home as magical as possible and there are many ways to do this. Some people like to hang huge mirrors and clocks around a space while others want a gaming room. We’re all different and this is what makes the world so interesting and special. Sliding doors have gathered lots of attention in recent times because they just exude luxuriousness. Those feeling overwhelmed by the many options will appreciate the info in this guide.
Different Types of Sliding Doors
- Patio Doors: These sliding doors are the MVPs of backyard and balcony living. With two panels gracefully gliding on a track, they effortlessly connect you to the great outdoors. Step outside and embrace the world beyond your walls.
- Pocket Doors: Just because you don’t have much space, don’t think that you can’t enjoy sliding doors. They slide into a concealed “pocket” and save space like a boss. Perfect for those small spaces, like bathrooms or closets. No wall is too narrow for them to handle.
- Barn Doors: These doors, sliding gracefully on a wall-attached track, have become the “it” thing in interior design. They effortlessly bring a touch of rustic charm and uniqueness to any room, making other doors green with envy.
- Bypass Doors: These doors are like secret agents, with two or more panels that smoothly slide past each other, just like undercover closet doors. Perfect for rooms that refuse to make space for a swinging door. Just watch as bypass doors make your bedroom much bigger (especially with mirrored doors). You don’t have to have a match of tug of war with the wardrobe door just to grab a hoodie in the cold.
- French Doors: The elegant and sophisticated solution for a room with a view. Let the glorious natural light flood in, while you bask in the ambiance of divided glass panels. Ooh la la.
Choosing the Perfect Sliding Door Design
You can see that various sliding door designs exist but we don’t want you to feel overwhelmed by the options. We’ve gathered some tips to help with this.
- Functionality: Give some thought to how you’ll be using the door and select a design that perfectly suits your needs. If space is tight, pocket doors could be your saving grace.
- Style: When selecting a sliding door design, let your home’s style be your guide. For a contemporary touch, opt for chic and minimalist options like patio or bypass doors. Let your doors slide into style. Those hoping for sliding doors for a wardrobe can decide whether mirrors or a more classic look will work best.
- Material: Sliding doors: your gateway to stylish possibilities. Whether it’s wood, glass, or metal, ponder over durability, maintenance, and aesthetic allure before taking that decisive slide. You can choose an option based on your home and what you think will work best – consider yourself an expert in your own interior design in Mesa, Arizona.
- Budget: The design and material will determine the cost of your sliding doors but be prepared to consider your options carefully. Set a budget beforehand to slide into options that match your needs and wallet.
Keep your needs and preferences in mind and you’ll soon have sliding doors that you LOVE!